I took Abby and Marissa to see Beauty and the Beast at the high school this week. We met up with Elizabeth, Leslie and their daughters...it was a "girls night" out. Abby was excited and wanted to wear a yellow dress - to match Belle. Since she didn't have one, she settled for her yellow china outfit. Not wanting to miss an opportunity to show off my cute kids, I dressed Marissa in her matching outfit.
The play was great, and followed the movie very closely. Abby was sure that the girl who was playing Belle on stage was the same girl who played the voice of Belle in the movie. (I must admit, she sounded a lot like the original Belle.) It was fun to take the girls to live theater - and even with all the singing (which bores me after a while), they stayed pretty interested.
The Beast was very real (like the movie, scary) looking. Marissa was a little scared at first. She sat up in her chair and grabbed a hold of my hand. It was so precious, and I want to remember it's sweetness forever (that's why I'm blogging about it. Can't rely on my memory to do the trick!). I had to bribe her a couple times with mints to keep her from talking during the show. And, since the show didn't start until her bedtime (7pm), she fell asleep in the last fifteen minutes while sitting in my lap. After it was over, during the standing ovation, she climbed up into her chair and curled up into a little ball and went back to sleep!
Abby was very intrigued with the rose in the glass display case. It was very true to the story, and petals were falling off of it as the story progressed. Abby was also excited when Belle came out at the end with her beautiful, yellow ball gown on. She sat up tall in her chair, and declared, "See, that's why I wore this yellow china suit...so I would match Belle."
We finished up "girls night" with dessert at Applebee's. The girls were so good and I truly enjoyed the whole evening. My "odds" are cute and I love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment