In the past I have "resolute"d a few times...though at the moment, I cannot think of what any of my New Year's resolutions have been. This year I was perfectly content making no resolutions at all. I wasn't even inspired to set some goals for myself. Lame. I am sure. But to be honest, at every season in my life things come up that I need to work on, or I set goals that need accomplishing - doesn't just happen in January folks.
It was my plan to make no bold 2011 declarations. God had other plans and made it known to me by way of a blog post. After reading about the "one word" challenge I felt compelled to claim one word for my own. For a few days now, I have been praying for God to reveal one word to me that I can focus on for the whole year. One word I will remember and act on. One word for 2011.
Pray.
Yes, I pray now. But not as faithfully, not as automatically, not as effectually as I would like - that God would like.
Pray for God's revelations. Pray for my family. Pray for my attitude. Pray for my circumstances. Pray for those around me. Pray for souls. Pray.
I wanted a different word. I asked God for another word. Pray seems like something I should be doing without having to be reminded. Maybe too many people already chose REJOICE or INSPIRE; maybe I procrastinated too long and PRAY was all that was left...but it is mine and I claim it boldly...finally.
Pray.
In all that I do, with all that I am, I will pray...for direction, conviction, peace, discernment, healing...for the little things in day to day life, for the big circumstances of consequential importance. Pray.
One word to focus on. One word to remember. I am excited for 2011 because I know that my "one word" will change my year. It will change my life.
Pray.

2 comments:
this WILL change your life. wow... i am so loving the way you've chosen to approach and embrace your One Word.
trusting that you'll hear Him more this year as you focus on talking more to Him...
Thanks Alece....amazed already at how many times I've gone to my "one word"...though, He is God and all...actually it amazes that I still get so amazed by His works...crazy.
Post a Comment