Wednesday, May 8, 2013

working out...not loving it

It's been a while since I updated on my workout journey. Probably because I hate working out and writing about it makes me think about it, and then I start feeling anxious about the impending workout that will happen today. Right now my stomach is turning and I am sweating. Great. (Maybe if I sweat enough while writing this, that can count as my workout for today...)

Anyway, we finished up P90X about a month ago. I am not going to lie. I am a little (translation: a lot) disappointed with my results. Pretty much my before and after pictures look the same. And no, I won't be posting them. That is just something you cannot un-see. I know I am stronger and my heart and lungs are healthier, but blah, blah, blah - that doesn't translate well to a camera.

Enter INSANITY. I hate it. I don't like to use the word "hate" too often - but I really, really, really dislike this workout so hate seems appropriate. I wished for the power to go out the other night so I didn't have to workout, and I kinda hope my back starts hurting again so I can quit.

One: Shawn T. is not very funny.
Two: Why are his shorts so short? Seriously.
Three: Who invented "mountain climbers?" I do not think I would ever scale a mountain in such a way.
Four: If I am told to get my knees above my waist one more time, I might throw something at the television. Your knees aren't above your waist, Shawn T.!

Mostly I hate it because the workouts are hard, and now that we are half way they are going to get harder. In an effort to end this post on a positive note, I will highlight some of the things I like about INSANITY.

One: The name INSANITY - it's appropriate.
Two: The workouts are short - most less than 45 minutes. Let's get this crazy over with, that's what I'm talking about.
Three: I recover fast. I usually feel like I could go run or pull weeds or something after a workout. I haven't actually done that, but I feel like I could.
Four: Most of the people in the workout video struggle as much as I do. I am especially amused by Tanya's intense/focused/hire-me-I'm-an-actress faces. They are hilarious and they almost make up for the fact that I hate her tiny/toned/never-carried-a-human-in-her-uterus body.

I am hoping that this intense cardio-craziness will yield some results visible by my camera. But in the meantime, I miss Dreya rolls.

No comments: