I recently started listening to a Christian radio station, Air 1. It has been great. Not only have I enjoyed the music, but the commentaries and testimonies have been inspiring. This week they started their annual pledge campaign. Since they don't play commercials they rely on donations to keep the station funded. They said that only 3% of Air 1 listeners support the station with financial funding - interesting I thought. Then, they likened it to 100 people being in a room, with 1 person about to commit suicide. They said that they would hope that 100 out of 100 people would do something to stop that life from being taken...well, yeah...but, even though their station saves lives all the time (75 already confirmed this year), financially speaking, only 3 people have stood up - wow.
Allen and I both felt lead to donate to this ministry. So, I went online to sign up for our monthly donation. There was a spot where we could leave a little comment if we chose. Never being one with a lack of words, I did leave a comment...
Air1 hasn't changed my life...but it does make me feel good! And, if there were 100 people in a room and someone wanted to end their life (from earlier broadcast reference) I absolutely would do something to stop it. More than that...what if that person was one of my children? or my husband? or my best friend? I want them to hear the good news and have the opportunity for this radio station to change their life.
I love God with all my heart. And it makes my heart smile when I hear all the good that one radio station can do in the lives of the least of us.
Continue your great work.
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." -Galatians 6:9
It felt good to contribute. It felt right, and important. Later that afternoon when I was out driving around, I was listening to Air 1, and they were thanking people on air for their contribution. "Sarah in Boston gave $35 a month, Bill in Vegas gave a one time gift of $250, Joah from Oregon made a $32 per month pledge and she says..." Yeah! They read my message...all of it! AND, they said my name right! What are the chances? Well, they were reading a lot of testimonies and airing phone calls too...but hello-my name, they said it right! Wahoo!
In all seriousness, after I heard that, I started to cry in my car in the parking lot of the Dollar Store. It is important to believe in the causes you support, and I believe in the message of God and His amazing grace! I may have never had a life changing moment because of Air 1, but I might some day. But more importantly is that SOME PEOPLE HAVE. God's grace and love is for EVERYONE, and if I can in some small way, with my $32 per month, help spread that message, then I am IN!
No comments:
Post a Comment