So as it turns out, my inability to "get in to the groove" of this new school year was caused in part - if not in complete entirety - by my husband. For the past couple months he has been spending an increasing amount of time at home. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE having Allen at home. The problem is, I love it too much. When he is here it is play time, go out to lunch time, go on a nice walk time, go run errands together time...
He started his new job a week ago, and after just a couple days I have fallen into a nice rhythm and am accomplishing so much. Oh, did I forget to mention that Allen has a new job? Well yes, yes he does. He interviewed for it about 6 weeks ago - and after 4 interviews was offered a job. He gave his notice right away at his old job, but his new one didn't start until just now, so he has had a nice little mini vacation, waiting for the days on the calendar to pass. Suffice to say, we are no longer in lending - Hallelujah! and have started on a new path in sales and marketing. I would tell you more about what he does, but to be honest, I am not really sure. All I know is that he is excited and that is just about good enough for me.
So anyway, back to my original thought...I am ecstatic that I am finally settling in. Some people don't like the feeling of being in a groove (not to be confused with a rut - a groove has style and rhythm, a rut is just a muddy hole), but I enjoy it. I long for Mondays when my life will return to its predictable existence and can recover from the crazy, fun, action-packed revelry that is my weekend. So, while part of me is sad that my husband has returned to working away from the house, another part of me is thrilled to finally "get my groove back."
2 comments:
Woo hoo! Glad you got your groove back, Joah!!! (also very excited for Allen's new job!)
Joah, Your Blog is such a great collections of Devotions. I only read 2 blogs...my missionary friend & yours. That is about all I can keep up with & I am truly blessed by both :)
Thanks,
Prayers from your sister in Christ,
Rainah
Post a Comment