In the winter I usually don't close the curtains in the kids bedrooms since they go to bed at dark and it is dark when they wake up. No need to block out the daylight. The other night though, I decided to close Rachel's curtains since she had been complaining about getting cold at night. As I pulled the curtain closed, Rachel let out an emphatic "hmph" from her bed and then a disappointed "awwww."
What?
"I like when the curtains are open. I like to spy on Jim and Joyce."
Jim and Joyce are our elderly next door neighbors, and Rachel seems to have a pretty clear view of their dining room table.
"What? It's interesting!"
At first I resigned to the fact that my 5 year old was a voyeur, then I roused with curiosity. What is so interesting about this grey haired couple? What do they do? So, I asked Rachel. Since she had apparently been spying on them for months, she was my best source of intel.
"They eat, and sometimes they play cards. Mostly they just sit there."
And my curiosity was extinguished, my disinterest was restored. "Sure honey, sounds good. I'll open your curtains back up. Voyeur on."
No comments:
Post a Comment