Why is it that when I have time to blog, I have no good ideas - or more accurately, my kids don't do or say anything funny or memorable. Yet, when I am whelmed with the process of memorizing body landmarks, planes, and cavities, I have a myriad of ideas/memories I want to chronicle running through my head. I try to ignore them, so I can focus on remembering that cervical refers to the throat region and not my cervix, yet they remain. They haunt me.
And so, instead of sitting down to study, I am sitting at my computer pouring over this post - which is not even about one of the ideas that I want to remember forever via the blogosphere. Lame.
So, lets have a recap of school. Last term went great! I scored 2 A's and an A+. The plus on the A did not effect my GPA at all - its only worth 4 points, just like the regular A's - but I like to mention it because it is so cool. And, it reminds my of my blood type.
This term is just started and I am excited to report that my biology teacher, like my science professor last term, believes in Jesus! What are the odds of that? I love it and feel protected. Which is good - because that is about the only redeeming factor of my first day in Anatomy and Physiology. I am in the very small minority of students who are not currently in the healthcare field, or who have not taken this class before. The other students were blowing through their lab manuals, spouting off terms and answering questions as I was slowly creeping through, nervously hen scratching words that were completely foreign to me.
Reality check. I have no medical knowledge at all. When asked to name three organs in a specific quadrant of the body, I stare blankly, hoping I can name three organs period. In fact, to determine where the heart is I must recite The Pledge of Allegiance. Sigh.
I have a plan though. As for executing that plan - I need my kids to shut their pie holes and quit being so cute and funny in a way that makes me want to write about them.
No comments:
Post a Comment