So I have this daughter that likes to argue with me...about anything...about everything. She has been asking me to cut some bangs for her. Why? I am not sure. I have been avoiding the topic as much as possible, but it keeps coming up. Did I also mention she is persistent? I have been reluctant to cut her hair for a number of reasons - but the main reason I have said no is because I do not want to argue with her. When they need to be trimmed, I don't want to have a word battle to get her to sit down; when she is tired of them and decides to grow them out, I don't want them hanging in her face, and I don't want the drama every morning that is inevitable as I try to convince her to let me pull them up; and I don't want to argue with her about spraying the crazy things down in the morning after they are plastered to the top of her head after a sweaty night of sleep.
But, she is eight, and is coming into her own style and has ideas about the way she wants to look and dress. So annoying. I finally decided to cut some bangs at her request - but at my request, we drew up a contract. It is the "Bang Contract," I drew it up and we both signed it, and it is my hope that this will keep our arguing at bay. I have high expectations of this written contract...I'll keep you posted on its success...or failure.
No comments:
Post a Comment