Gage accepted Jesus into his heart a few months ago, but has been a little gun shy about getting baptized. He was afraid the baptismal would be broke, and he was afraid Pastor Bob would hold him under the water longer that he could hold his breath...
But earlier in this day, he conquered another of his fears - going down the slide into the pool. He decided not to let fear ruin is fun. He was scared - but he was brave and climbed the pool slide ladder, sat down, and took the plunge - despite his fear.
I think his great victory over fear gave him the courage to once again be brave and bold today. I asked him why he wanted to get baptized and he replied, "to get wet!" Okay - so we've overcome fear of the water. "And, I want to show everyone Jesus is in my heart!" Phew! Gage and I talked, and he totally gets that Jesus died on the cross for him. He understands the symbolism of going under the water representing death, and coming out of the water representing resurrection. He also gets that his God is big and there is nothing to be afraid of when he puts his trust in the Lord. I am so proud of my sweet little boy. He is filled with the Holy Spirit and his life shines for the Lord.
"Having been buried with Him in baptism and raised with Him through your faith in the power of God, who raised Him from the dead." ~Colossians 2:12
"If God is for us, who can be against us?" ~Romans 8:31
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." ~Philippians 4:13
Be brave. Have fun. Honor God.
1 comment:
Awesome, Gage!!! We are all so excited for you!
Post a Comment