Yesterday, I took the kids out to run some errands. God bless Target for having popcorn and soda at such a reasonable price. Seriously. With snacks in hand I was able to stock up on much needed sunscreen with very little whining and in quick fashion. In fact, we were so fast, the kids still had popcorn when we reached our second destination. The grocery store. I am not sure what I was thinking. I must have been having a very brave moment - for I took all 4 of my small children into Food 4 Less for some much needed meat, syrup, and coffee creamer. To my surprise and delight, they were great! What a huge blessing it was to me to get through some pretty mundane errands with such well behaved kids. Woot! Woot!
On the way home from our errands, the gas light came on. Since we had a car full of meat, and would have to out of our way to hit a gas station, I decided to forgo petroleum and made a mental note to myself to head directly to a gas station on my next outing in the van.
This morning we started the day out with a trip to the park. My mental note failed me. I totally forgot about needing gas. We were half way to the park when my gas light reminded me of my forgetfulness. Which, would not have been a huge deal, but I left my purse at home. (I mean who needs their purse at the park?) So, the kids and I said a little prayer and headed back home to pick up my purse. Every time we stopped Gage called from the back seat, "Are we just stopping, or did we run out of gas?" Thankfully, we made it home and to the gas station without incident - though we were exceptionally late to our park playdate with Des.
This afternoon we had friends over to swim. We had t-bone steaks for dinner. And this evening we went to Gage's t-ball game. When we got home the kids put on jammies and sat down for a movie, while Allen and I changed into swim attire and jumped in the pool. We sat outside, cool and comfortable, talking about the day and our plans for the rest of the week.
It has been a pretty "normal" couple of days around here. But, as I write them down, the emotions they invoke make me smile and rest with joy and contentment. Life is good. Summer is great. My life pretty much rocks. Thank you Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment