Wednesdays are early release days at school. No big deal really, except for some reason I cannot easily remember each week what time they actually get out. I find myself having to put forth a conscious and deliberate effort every Wednesday morning to remember and determine what time I need to leave the house to pick them up. This morning was no different. After a few minutes of staring at the clock and mental calculations, I determined in my head that school released at 2:45, so I would need to leave the house at 2:30 to pick them up on time.
Around 2:00 my phone rang. I didn't answer it because it was in the other room and I was cozied up reading a book. At 2:15, I put down my book and got ready to pick up the bigs. I got a snack, put on my shoes, and checked my voice mail. "Mommy, this is Abby. Where are you? Are you coming to get us?" Before her message was over, it hit me. Yeeeah, they get out at 1:45. By the time I got the littles' shoes and coats on and made the drive to get them, I was an hour late picking Abby and Gage up from school. They insist I "forgot" them - but in reality, I just remembered wrong what time they got out. Luckily, they can easily be bribed - 2 cookies, some strawberry milk, and a promise to let them ride the bus to school was all it took to get back in their good graces.
Ahhhh, the joys of early release Wednesdays...whose idea was that anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment