I don't know what is going on. I just keep picking up books. I finish one, and I immediately start another one. It is very weird. I thought I didn't like to read. I am not sure what has come over me. With that said, I want to stop a trend that I started a few months back. I began writing reviews about the books I have read - most likely because it was such a novel thing for me and I didn't think it would last. Ha! But now, I am seeing that my blog is turning into a collection of book reviews - BOR-RRING!! That is not what I want to write about, nor is it what I want to remember about my life - so I am putting a stop to my book review blogs.
Though, I did just finish another book - a very interesting one. And while I am not going to "review" it, I am going to give it a nod. The 19th Wife, by David Ebershoff kept me engaged, intrigued, and turning the pages to the very end of the 500+ page novel based on the true story of Brigham Young's 19th wife, and the history of Mormon polygamy. Absolutely fascinating.
In other book related business - I have spoken with a few friends who have read The Shack. One person of strong opinion shared this about the book, "It's heresy." Really? Let's ponder that thought. While the book is fiction, it is her (my friend of strong opinion) position that anything that portrays God as anything but Holy is blasphemous. She also cites 2 Peter 2:1-3 and Romans 1:25 to support her thinking. Though, another friend of mine states, "considering the book is an allegory, and not apologetics, if it is blasphemy, then logically it would follow that the C.S. Lewis' Aslan would have to be blasphemous, too." All just food for thought.
And now, I am about to start a new book. My goal is not to write about it - but quite honestly, I think it is going to be amazing, so I may just have to. We'll see.
Read on. Have fun. Honor God.
No comments:
Post a Comment