Farts are funny. At least, that's what I am told - by my brother, my husband, my kids...even some of my friends have joined the "flatulence is laughable" bandwagon. Personally, I don't quite get the hilarity of it all...but since my kids think its comical, I, of course, have blogging material about it...though at our house we call them "toots."
My kids made up a game and are currently playing "Who Tooted?" Seriously, who's kids are these?
Rachel burped at the table last night and said, "My mouth tooted!"
When Abby was 4, we were driving in the car, listening to the radio. A Sylvan commercial came on, "...to contact a tutor in your area, call..." Abby lost it. From the backseat, through her hysterics, she managed to cry out, "MOM! They just said "tooter" on the RADIO!!"
I try hard to curb the potty talk around our house. While flatulence in and of itself is not a taboo topic, my friend Crazy Megan and I agree it is a "gateway joke." One day your kids are talking about toots, then they are talking about their underwear, next thing you know they are showing their underwear...and well, you get the picture. Nonetheless, funny is funny. And to a kid - farts are the funniest.
Break wind. Have fun. Honor God.
No comments:
Post a Comment