I did it. I finished. Yes I did. The Love Dare kicked my butt, but now it is behind me...yeah right. Now I feel compelled to put all those ideas, all those attributes of Godly love, in to practice. And practice could not be a more fitting word. There are days I will do well, there will be days I will fail miserably...but if I just keep trying, just keep practicing being a better wife - maybe one day I will be the wife God has called me to be for my husband. Granted, that might not be this side of heaven, but I must make a valiant effort and try.
Now, I will confront my husband and tell him what I did - though if he was reading my blog he would already know - and I fear his reaction might be something like, "Really? Are you sure you did it right? Maybe you should try it again." I hope that is not his response. Oh, I really, really hope not. But I know that just because I read a book and did some dares does not mean that I have arrived.
I really liked how Christ -centered The Love Dare was. I realize that in and of myself I cannot love Allen all the way, all the time. But, I know that if I lean on God and draw from His amazing love, that I will do alright. I am ready to be more purposeful in loving my husband. I am better equipped to handle challenges that are inevitable when two people spend life together. I am married to my best friend, and I count it a blessing that our marriage is as good and strong as it is. However, it can always be better. I can be better. And so, with the 40 day Love Dare challenge behind me (finally), I rejoice that God is good and Allen is my husband.
Love well. Have fun. Honor God.
No comments:
Post a Comment