The 3 day cleanse/detox/get my butt back on track/shake thang is over and the results are in. I did not refer to the measurement instructions with enough detail, so I only have a couple measurements to share (sorry Angie). Drum roll please...
I lost 1" around my waist. I lost 1" around my hips. And, I lost 4 pounds.
Allen lost 1.75" around his waist, 1.5"around his hips, and he lost 6.5 pounds.
Oh, did I forget to mention that my husband was doing this too? Yeah, that's because I was so focused on me and my whoas about this program. (It is my blog.)
So, those are the tangible, black and white results. How am I feeling you may be wondering? Well, I feel about as good as I do when I make healthy eating decisions. (Hey, its happened once or twice.) I feel healthy - and more importantly - I feel motivated. This program has done exactly what I hoped - it has jump started me back into thinking about what I am putting into my body, and it has given me some momentum that I hope to carry through as I work to achieve my fitness goals.
So where does that leave me? What do I eat? I feel like I have to make choices for myself that are not yummy, easy, or convenient. I am sure that is not really a fair statement - especially to someone like Angie, who enjoys being healthy and likes the taste of dirt. As for me - healthy eating is a sacrifice and a challenge. Last night I went to bed, still unsure of what I would eat today, still not having a clear plan for my calorie consumption future. So, I did what I always do when I don't know what to do - I spent time in prayer and asked the Lord for help. Long prayer request short - I asked Him to give me wisdom and strength to make healthier choices. (Notice I say healthier - not healthy...baby steps people, baby steps.)
Well, this morning I woke up with a fairly clear grasp on where my healthier choices could start. I have decided to make a conscious effort to limit my sugar intake and my cracker consumption. This might sound like no big deal to some, but for me, it is a HUGE sacrifice. As for coffee, well I think I may have been in a seaweed-extract induced delusion yesterday, or something...talking all crazy about not reuniting with my bestie...because I also woke up with a killer headache - and I took it as a sign from above that my coffee consumption could resume. Amen.
So with coffee in hand, crackers purged from the cupboard, and husband speaking to me again (yeah, he pretty much stopped during the 3 day cleanse since he was as grumpy, irritable, and hungry as I) - I can say with certainty that Angie was right. I do feel better. I can make good decisions. I am worth the sacrifice. Will I ever be as healthy, svelte, and sparkly as Angie? Probably not - at least not until I acquire a palate for dirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment