But then, then I remembered how fun the rain is, especially in the summer, when it is warm. I remembered back to a time when Allen and I were just dating. We were out on a walk when a summer storm hit. Instead of running for the nearest shelter to wait it out, we ran for the nearest open field. We cartwheeled and somersaulted, we laughed and danced, we got wet and muddy - and when it was all over, we dried, and had a great memory to hold forever.
I want that for my kids. Those memories that money can't buy. Those sweet moments that seem insignificant at the time, but that last forever. So, I not only decided to let my kids go outside to play in the rain, I ordered them to do so. At first they were confused, then excited. "Do we need coats?" they asked as they hurried toward the door.
Coats? No way. That would ruin all the fun. Just go out and have fun. Be a kid. Get soaked. Get muddy. Oh, but could you please pause once in a while for a photo opp. Thanks.
Play hard. Have fun. Honor God.
No comments:
Post a Comment