So, as I dove into some readings on prayer last night, I was overwhelmed. Very specific thoughts and requests that I have for my husband were in words before me in black and white. I was able pray accurately, effectively, and authentically with the help from a devotional that a friend recently sent me. Praise the Lord for His perfect timing.
My notes from my study last night:
- Praying for my husband is my most important duty as a wife.
- I should plead for God's mercy on Allen, and give thanks for all God will do for him.
- I should pray for Allen from the top of his head to the soles of his feet.
"Lord, cause my husband to know Christ with real certainty and clear understanding. Your plan for him is Christ Himself, and in Him are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Col 2:2-3). May he not be carnally minded which is death but spiritually minded which is life and peace (Rom 8:6). Bring into captivity every thought to obey Christ (2 Cor 10:5). Open his mind to understand the Scriptures (Luke 24:45). I pray that he will not be conformed to this world but be transformed by renewing his mind in Your word, so that he may experience Your good, acceptable and perfect will (Rom 12:2)."
As I continue to pray for my husband, I would ask anyone willing, to please pray for me, that I will be faithful in praying these words and many more for Allen.
"I will keep rejoicing in You, for I know that as I pray for my husband, and the Holy Spirit helps him, everything works for our good and Your glory (Phil 1:19, Rom 8:28-29). Glory be to You, God, who by Your mighty power at work in my husband is able to do far more than I could ask or dream or hope for. In Jesus' name, amen."
~ Quoted prayer material from Prayer Portions by Sylvia Gunter. Available at www.thefathersbusiness.com
1 comment:
Joah, I think this is so awesome that you are doing the love dare and I commend you for praying for your husband!!! I will keep praying for you that you will be diligent in praying for your husband! (and of course praying for your family and for everyday things too!) Love ya!
Post a Comment