Thursday, September 16, 2010

still here

Well, weeks turned into months, and months have now turned into years. I can hardly believe we have been back in the valley over two years now...still living at my parents...yep, still here. Lots of people say to me, "I could never live with my family. How do you do it? " To which I reply in my head, drinking - lots and lots of drinking. Just kidding. Mostly. Actually, you just never know what you are capable of until a situation presents itself. While living back at home is not ideal, there are a list of things that I love about it and I like to remind myself of them - often.

  • I have not scrubbed a toilet in over 2 years
  • My daughter has no idea what a vacuum cleaner does
  • There is a gorgeous pool in my backyard
  • My husband does not have to mow, edge, or weed the lawn
  • I only have to cook dinner 4 times per week
  • My kids know their grandparents - very well
  • I go on long exercise walks with my mom
  • My girls get to rock with their Poppi - everyday
  • We are not financially stressed out
  • There is always an adult around for me to talk to

This list is not exclusive - but it's not a bad start. In fact, looking at it makes me wonder why I would ever want to leave...kind of.

No comments: