Friday, September 24, 2010

summer breakthrough denied

At the beginning of summer, I declared my summer prayer request - for a "breakthrough." Since summer is officially over now, it seems appropriate that I should reflect on this and tell you about the answering of it...

...quite honestly, a breakthrough did not happen. I would not be so bold as to say that my prayer was not answered - rather, His answer was wait.

Now, I have asked God to show me a verse for the year, to hold on to and claim for my life. As I searched the Bible, He revealed to me Psalm 27:13-14.

I am still confident of this: 
       I will see the goodness of the LORD
       in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
       be strong and take heart
       and wait for the LORD.

I know that even though my summer "breakthrough" was denied, God has not forgotten about me, and I will not give up on Him. As I wait for the Lord, I pray for peace and contentment through this season.

Wait expectantly. Have fun. Honor God.

No comments: