It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas...I mean party mix - which in this house, means Christmas is here! Party mix is delicious, and now that we have mastered cooking it in the microwave, it is super easy. So why do we only make it a Christmas? I wonder the same thing about sandies, gingersnaps, and sugar cookies. Though, as my stomach grumbles at me I am thankful that this baking frenzy is confined to just one time per year...
I feel awful today. I ate sooooo many cookies yesterday. I literally ate them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Literally.
And, when I say "literally," I mean literally - not like when people say "literally" but don't really mean literally - they mean figuratively - but they say "literally" to try to emphasize a point. Maybe they should look up the meaning of the word before they go to such efforts to speak.
I actually mean I literally ate cookies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner - not with my meals, but as my meals. And now I feel remorseful. Darn you delicious sandies! Darn you!
Here is a picture of the sugar cookies my kids frosted. Before your mouth starts watering and you stare at them with envy, just keep in mind that many fingers were licked in the making of these, as well as a bounty of coughs hacked over them. Mmmmm...yum.

No comments:
Post a Comment