I decided a couple weeks ago to re-fire up my blog. Too many funny things and important thoughts have gone unrecorded due to my hiatus from the blog world. I made a resolution to write a blog a day for 50 days. Originally it was 30 days - though I couldn't imagine what on earth I would come up with to write about - so I started a list of ideas, one being the blog declaration I just mentioned. Well, I lost my list somewhere around day 3, and in panic mode, started chicken scratching a new list from my memory. For some reason, I remembered "50 blogs in 50 days." Well, I have since found my list (yup, just 30 blogs) but have decided to take on the 50 day challenge anyway.
On a total side note...I thought the term for incredibly messy handwriting that is nearly impossible to read was "hen scratches," and that is how I had it written. While proofing my post, my husband pointed out this faux pas - and it turns out "chicken scratch" is the appropriate idiom to use in this instance. Though, quite honestly, I would imagine saying "hen scratch" would be acceptable since a hen is just a girl chicken...note to self: check with farmer friend, Kristi to see if she takes any offense to the accidental misuse of a poultry expression...
Anyway, writing everyday for 50 days is my own, personal challenge. While I like to write, it is just as easy for me not to. So, I dared myself...no...double-dog dared myself to do it. Maybe this challenge will help me create a blogging habit that will produce some material for the book I one day hope to write.
No comments:
Post a Comment