Friday, April 23, 2010

i wish blogging was as easy as facebooking

Blogging is very difficult for me sometimes. I want to write a quick little post to recap my day or a special event, but I have writer's constipation or something, because if I can't formulate a blog with a great opening, substantial body, and memorable ending, then I often just won't write at all.

I have recently been thinking wouldn't it be great if blogging was as easy as Facebooking? Facebook is easy for me. I can just type in a random thought or funny event of my day without having to develop it in to a story. And, I get better feedback on Facebook (are you suppose to capitalize facebook? Hmmmm...). People comment, I comment back, discussions get started, etc.

In fact, more than once, I have said aloud, "Oh, that was good...I'm going to go update my Facebook status with that"...my kids say funny things and I put them on my Facebook...I take a memorable picture and I put it on my Facebook...

The problem with leaving all the comments and pictures on Facebook is that they will eventually disappear. You cannot use Facebook as a memory album or a journal, because it all gets deleted eventually (doesn't it?). Anyway, I wish blogging was as easy for me as Facebooking. In an effort to reconcile this problem, I might occasionally blog in a more Facebook kind of style - I call it Face-ogging (or would it be blog-booking?) Short little snippets of my day, without all the fluffy writing around it - we'll see how that goes...this blog was suppose to be short too. Also, I have Facebooked some funny stuff, so don't be surprised if you see some stuff on here that looks familiar - because I am planning on moving some of it over so it is not forever lost in cyberland!!

No comments: