Friday, April 30, 2010

blueberry boy

More coffee, puh-lease!! I am so tired today. It's my own fault - I stayed up waaay too late last night. It happened because of my commitment to write a blog a day. Yesterday came and went before it dawned on me that I hadn't posted anything. So, at about 9:30pm I finally sat down to blog. It takes me a while to compile my thoughts, and my husband is VERY distracting. Besides going to bed late, the baby woke up in the middle of the night a couple times. Once because she couldn't find her flashlight, and once because she needed socks on.

Anyhoo, today has just started and I am already running on fumes. I decided I better get on here and make my post before I have a repeat of yesterday!

Gage dressed himself today. This is not a skill I have developed in my children yet. I usually lay out their clothes every night - and they haven't put up a fuss yet, so I continue. The reason I have kept this chore carefully guarded is because I like for my kids to be dressed cute, and more importantly, for their outfit to match. Last night, since I was distracted with writing, I forgot to lay out clothes for the kids, and this morning in my blog induced daze, I let Gage pick out his own clothes.

This is what he came up with. This is why I don't let them pick out their own clothes. Though to his credit, he does match. "It's blue day, and I look like a blueberry!" he exclaimed with such pride and accomplishment. As a mother of four kids, I know the value of picking my battles, and I am wise enough to know that what they wear is not worth fighting over. However, until they pick this fight with me, I am going to keep laying out their clothes at night to avoid such fashion faux pas as Gage's Blueberry Boy ensemble.

No comments: