Tuesday, January 4, 2011

it was a good day

Today was a good day. Upon arriving at CBS this morning everyone asked me how I was doing, then looked at me in that sad, "it will all be okay" kinda way. Only, I am not really sure why they were doing that...

Maybe they were feeling for me because Allen is out of town and I am "single-parenting" it. While I miss him greatly, we are getting along okay. The kids are doing awesome and my mom is helping me out with babysitting while I attend all the scheduled events that are inevitable with 4 kids. I have time for my bible studies, I am reading two books, and at the end of the day, my prayers go a lot quicker. I think I actually sin less when Allen isn't around. I don't have to repent and ask forgiveness for rolling my eyes at my husband, or for speaking harshly to him, or for being annoyed that he can't read my mind and get off the couch to get me a blanket.

Possibly they were empathizing with me and showing concern for my neck health. Though, I have not seen any of them since the yawn injury happened, and I doubt they would be caught up on my wellness level by reading my blog.

Perhaps they were concerned for my sanity in potty training Rachel. Yup. I said it. We are this close (holding up my fingers in a pinching sort of pose) to being a diaper free house!!! After 9+ years there is light at the end of the wet, stinky tunnel. The truth is, she is doing great and has probably been ready for this long before I finally committed to the task. My sanity is completely in check - at least with regards to the toilet.

But, probably there were giving me looks of concern because they have been praying for my mother-in-law. However, if they checked their facebook or emails they would know she is doing awesome! Her tumor was smaller and easier to remove than expected, she came home two days earlier than scheduled, and has returned to the stubborn redhead that we all know and love. All praise be to God!

...so while some were feeling concern for me and others with similar Christmas Break stories, I felt fine. As our morning hymn we sang, "It Is Well" - and I smiled the whole way through. Partly because I couldn't help but sing, in my head, the rock version I adore by Kutless. But also because it is well with my soul. Perhaps I should feel stressed or worried or frazzled right now, but I don't. My heart is full, my thoughts are held captive, and IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!! Oh, how I love that I can say that. At least today. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Margaret Gourley said...

I always love your writings. How awesome when we get to the point of living above our circumstances and that "All is Well with Our Soul".