Sunday, May 2, 2010

cake cookies


Cake cookies are da bomb, yo! Really, they are my favorite cookies to make. I always have the ingredients on hand and they taste delicious! Whenever we are invited to a game night, or if I want to bring a gift somewhere, I often turn to cake cookies. They are kind of a humble looking cookie...they never get bought at bake sales, and at potlucks, they're the last to go...but what they lack in looks, they make up for in taste and ease.


Cake Cookies


1 box cake mix (your favorite flavor)

2 eggs

⅓ cup oil

Handful of “extras” (i.e. sprinkles, chocolate chips)


Mix ingredients in large bowl. Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes.


So, cake mixes are a staple in our house. More specifically, Funfetti flavored cake mix. I keep these on hand because they are delicious and have the "extra" right in the package. When I am feeling frisky and want to bake a flashy combo I have a handful of those that I like to rotate between...

French Vanilla cake with holiday sprinkles
Spice cake with raisins
Lemon cake with poppy seeds
Chocolate cake with no add in, but then frost with chocolate fudge frosting.

I just wanted to share this fabulous recipe idea with anyone who likes to make things that are easy and taste great!

Food Warning: These cookies are extremely addictive. Clearly they do not rate high on any health meters. Nor are they suitable for people with some allergies.

1 comment:

Desereeeleee said...

Love the disclaimer....making these today! I was gone away from my computer this weekend and missed reading your blog. :)