Sunday, May 9, 2010

mother's day, yay

"Wow honey, your legs are really white," my husband says to me today.
"Really, you think so?" I reply. "Because I have been putting tanning lotion on them for the past week...they are normally a few shades lighter than this!"

It's sad, but it's true. But, I didn't care much about the extreme whiteness of my extremities this afternoon, because we were headed to Baskin Robbins to collect a free scoop of ice cream being offered to all mom's on this most sacred of days!
Yay Mother's Day 2010!!

My day started out with gifts form my darling children and husband. My crazy grandma gave each of my children a dollar to spend on me for Mother's Day. So, Allen took them to the dollar store to purchase their gifts and they each chose a special souvenir to commemorate this day. Rachel picked out a Winnie the Pooh puzzle, Marissa chose a checker set, Abby picked up some playing cards, and Gage surprised me with a juice pop mold. I love it all!

My dear husband worked this morning as my yard slave. He moved some sheep troughs, pressure washed the back patio, and cleaned up all the outdoor furniture. The back yard looks amazing now and is ready for me to layout and tan my near see through legs.

Yesterday was a special treat as well. Our church hosted a mother/daughter hike to celebrate Mother's Day. I took just Abby with me, as she is the only one of my daughters who could hike up Table Rock with no assistance. We made it to the top of "The Rock" and enjoyed a picnic with other moms and their daughters. Abby and I were a little curious, so we decided to hike to a weird "bowling pin" looking thing at the other end of the mountain. If any of you know what I am talking about - and have had the same desire - you should suppress that feeling and save yourself the time and disappointment of such an adventure. I am not really sure what it was once we got there (took about 45 minutes) but it was a little "Twighlight Zone-y" if you ask me...traps, surveillance, barbed wire, clicking noises...


It has been a great Mother's Day weekend and I am so blessed to have four amazing children and one fabulous husband. I was holding Rachel this afternoon and I said to her, "Thanks for being my great baby."
To which she replied, "Thanks you for the nana (banana)."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun - you deserve it mama!!!

joah katina said...

Okay - I Googled it - it's a VORTAC -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHF_omnidirectional_range