Thursday, May 20, 2010

cbs wrap up

Today was the last day of CBS, and it was bittersweet. (I totally stole that from Karen, but it is so true. She also compared the bi-polar weather yesterday to a preteen - she is so smart and clever.) So, it is bitter because I will miss seeing all the women (like the before-mentioned Karen) on a weekly basis. But, it is sweet to get a little rest. This was my first year as a CORE leader and I could not have asked for a better group. I have had some struggles, though, so I am happy to take the summer to refresh.

I am going to take this blog to remind myself of some of the blessings (there are many I am NOT covering) serving in Community Bible Study has afforded me...

Sherril - Blessed me with her experience as a CORE leader. Kept an eye on me to make sure I followed the rules.
Jeanette - Was a familiar face from last year. Loved to help with the babies. Was very compassionate and sent out cards to others.
Rain-uh - Always had a praise with her prayer requests. I am blessed that I will get to serve with her, as she will be working with the children next year.
Sharron - Has a very humble spirit and an obedient heart. Blessed me by obeying God's calling to serve in CBS next year.
Amy - Has the sweetest family and is a caring and faithful mom. Blessed me by sharing her life and life's struggles.
Doris - Allowed me to share in her life and pray for her mother, sisters, and son. Blessed me with her smile and poetic words.
Jean - Was a great example of a Godly wife and sister in Christ. Inspired me with her faithfulness and joy.
Betsy - Blessed me with her smile and grace. I enjoyed her practical prayer requests and wise thoughts.
Sarah - Is the mom of the lead singer for Kutless! She blessed me with her insightful sharing and thoughtfulness toward my family.
Jo - Blessed me with her wise sharing. I loved when she came to class with a roller still in her hair.
Debi - Was a great example of prioritizing. She had a lot on her plate, but made a deliberate effort to make bible study a priority.
Marcie - Was an enthusiastic CORE member. She blessed me by her eager sharing and blessed the whole CBS group by her servant heart.
Meegan - Blessed me by allowing me to pray for her and her family. Was very honest, even when it made her vulnerable.
Rachel - Though she had to leave us early, was a joy while we had her company. She was a great servant and had a wonderful smile.
Gina - I was blessed to get to know her in CORE group, and am benefiting from her serving now as a children's leader. She is kind and has a great love for the kids.

As a CORE group leader, I was charged to shepherd these women...how inadequate I felt at this task. But, God is so faithful - and those He calls, He equips. I failed miserably at following the rules. But, I was able to see my inadequacies and point them out to my women, so they would know not to commit the same mistakes. I wasn't always as prepared as I should have been - sometimes timing and highlighting my lesson in the parking lot - but somehow we always stayed on task and finished on time. I struggled to pick up the phone every week to call my ladies - so much, that I often resorted to email - but faithfully I obeyed God and my duty, and dialed the phone (still not as much as the rules required).

Over and over, I saw God's faithfulness - to me. He carried me this year - in His great sovereignty and righteousness - He used me to facilitate this study. I could not, of my own will, stay on task and keep on topic - often times I went far, far off topic - but God gently corrected me and nudged me back to target. I could not, in my weak flesh, will myself to make phone calls - but God told me "Yes you can - and I will help you." And, except for a brief bout with the swine flu, God allowed my kids and I to stay healthy through the whole year, to be able to serve rested and strong.

I am so blessed to be a part of Community Bible Study, and especially the CBS leadership team. God knew I needed lots of help, so He commissioned me for leadership so that I would study the lesson twice a week! And, even though I am looking forward to the summer and rest from the structure and rules of CBS - I am already looking forward to next year and the new blessings it will bring.

Serve well. Have fun. Honor God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing you are to all of us that call you a friend!